Debra Lewis Kaplan, LCSW, LMFT
These comprehensive and groundbreaking educational groups offer people the opportunity to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions of their lives. Drawing on the natural ability of the body to heal itself, participants will learn and practice a variety of mind-body techniques that have proven extremely effective for enhancing health and well-being. The groups will also include time for participants to discuss their individual experiences as well as their efforts to incorporate the tools of mind-body medicine into their lives. The groups are also invaluable for individuals who are not currently experiencing problems with their health but who wish to learn mind-body skills to increase self-awareness, to enhance well-being, and to prevent health-related problems.
What is a Mind-Body Skills Group?
A powerful, effective combination of research based healing therapies to help you better cope with life changes, stress, and illness in an intimate and supportive group setting. Mind-Body Skills Groups help people to transform the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions of their lives.
• Reduce and relieve stress from everyday life • Increase resistance to disease
• Create optimal health
• Enhance intuition and self-awareness
• Create greater meaning and purpose in life Mind-Body Skills Groups have proven beneficial for people dealing with life changes and trauma.
• Severe stress
• Depression and anxiety
• Separation and divorce
• Grief and loss
• Health issues
• Childhood and family trauma
• Spiritual crisis and development
Mind-Body skills are the single most important and best documented way to deal with the stress that contributes to chronic illness. Mind-Body Skills Groups will empower your self-awareness and growth through effective research proven skills such as…
• Meditation - learn to live a content and mindful life
• Guided Imagery - use your imagination to help your mind and body heal
• Autogenic Training - self hypnosis
• Biofeedback - learn to use your body’s natural abilities to relax
• Breath Work - enhance your health by breathing more fully
• Movement - become aware of your body’s natural responses, release stress and increase energy
• Nutrition – awareness of the importance of food choices
• Music – study various ways music is utilized for healing
• Journal Writing & Drawing – learn new methods of self expression
Each person will be able to explore the uses of these methods in his or her own life situation. The groups will emphasize teaching and learning approaches to self-care, sharing experiences, and building support systems.
Mind-Body Group Participants Have Experienced:
• A decrease in depression and anxiety – a heightened sense of well being and engagement in life.
• Better coping skills – learning a dependable range of useful tools for managing pain, chronic illness, stress, anxiety and depression.
• Fewer physical symptoms of illness – less pain, less fatigue, and more energy
• Enhanced immune system functioning to help the body mobilize itself against illness.
• Greater self-awareness and positive perceptions about their own lives, family issues, and spiritual nature.
How to Join a Group:
Groups are offered both in the daytime and in the evening. Most classes meet for two hours in eight-week sessions. Each group will be limited to no more than 10 participants to allow for maximum participation and individualized instruction. For more information, fill out the form below.
Debra L. Kaplan, LMSW-ACP, LMFT